Fall is apple season and nothing compares to the flavor of our organic Honeycrisp baked apples!
These apples are so easy and use only whole foods and natural ingredients that they are a winner for the whole family.
Serve as a snack, dessert, or breakfast!
1. Wash apples and cut out most of the core to make a cavity in each apple.
Do not core the apple completely as you will lose the juice when baking!
2. Next using a knife, peel a 1″-2″ piece of ginger root and grate into very fine pieces. We use a micro grader for this!
3. Finally, add a 1/2 tsp of honey—local if you have it—to each apple and a pinch of grated ginger (more if you love ginger!)
4. Bake at 350 until soft (45-60 min).
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and rolled oats or nuts if preferred. If not dairy free top with plain greek yogurt.