Drinking plenty of water in the summer is standard advice for staying healthy during hot weather, but it’s just as important during the winter. Here’s why you should drink at least as much water in the winter as you do in the summer:
- You feel less thirsty. When you’re cold, you don’t reach for a glass of cool water, which can result in becoming more dehydrated before you even realize it.
- The air is dry. Your chapped lips and dry skin prove that much. Drinking more water helps your skin from becoming uncomfortably dry and cracked.
- It helps curb cravings. Your body craves more comfort food and sugar during the cold weather. Plus, sometimes your body will tell you that you’re hungry when you’re really just dehydrated. Drinking lots of water fills up your stomach, makes you feel more satisfied, and prevents those phantom cravings.
If you’re just too chilled to sip on cool water or plain water sounds too boring, try these tips:
- Drink hot tea or hot water with squeeze of lemon juice a touch of honey.
- Add a slice of lemon or lime to your water.
- Eat more citrus fruit, which naturally contains a lot of water.
What are your tips for drinking enough water during the winter?