These are just a few reasons why fresh pears are so great:
- Pears contain two of three antioxidants that are thought to decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes – and red pears contain all three.
- Pears contain more fiber than almost all other fruits, with 22% of your recommended daily intake.
- They also contain about 12% of your recommended daily vitamin C.
- Fresh pears are delicious.
- They are a good source of vitamin B2, C, E, copper, and potassium.
- Pears contain more pectin than apples, which helps keep your cholesterol levels in check.
- Fresh pears are considered “hypoallergenic” because people with food allergies can often enjoy pears without having a reaction.
- They are low glycemic, which means the carbs in pears are slow to convert to sugar – so you don’t get a sugar high and crash, which can wreak havoc on your body.